Monday, August 09, 2004

Last night in Vegas

The last night (Sunday) I was in Vegas, I got to sneak off to the Flamingo to play a little NL. Bought in for $200. There were a lot of big stacks at the table - I am pretty sure these guys had been playing together all night - so I was hoping to sneak in and take some of their money. It was the drunk college frat crowd who all seemed to know each other and who all thought they were much better than they were. I was there for about an hour and didn't see a card higher than a 10 until I got A9 hearts in the big blind. Free flop so I checked. Flop comes low rags - if I remember right 5,4,2 rainbow. 3 players in. Small check, I check , MP checks. Next card 9 - matched up a suit on the board, clubs I think. Small bets, $25, I raise $50 to $75, MP thinks, thinks, and raises me all in. Small folds. Here is my first dilemma. I know, probably not a hard laydown, but the way these guys were playing, very loose, my instinct said to call...........but I didn't. I folded. That hand still bothers the crap out of me. I really wish I had paid to see his cards (especially considering the next hand I played).

Back to fold around, until I get AK off, MP. UTG raises to $10, I raise to $20. Small blind raises to $125 (putting me all in), big blind folds, UTG folds. Damn. I was stuck here. I know Slick is the worst played hand out there and I know I played this terribly, but I think I was still seething from the way these guys were playing. That big of a raise, I really thought he was just playing with me. I hadn't played that many hands so maybe he was trying to get a read on me. I thought, Aces or Kings don't make that big of a raise, at worst, I am a coinflip with 2 overs, at best, he is sitting A smaller and I am a huge favorite. Unlike the last time, I go with my first instinct and I call. He flips Queens. Go figure. Of course, first card off is a Queen and I am dead. I walk - giving these guys the money I made at the Mirage.

That walk back to the hotel at 4 am is very lonely.

5 Comments:

Blogger PokerProf said...

Sweet! Your back and happy B-day! Wish I'd known you were in town, at any rate thanks for the shout-out, and now I have to go re-build by blogroll :)

August 9, 2004 at 4:07 PM  
Blogger Ignatious said...

happy belated 30th! pretty cool to be able to go to vegas and play some cards fer da bday. i may have to steal that idea.

August 10, 2004 at 9:55 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

Great blog, keep up the good work. Glad to see sites like this.

Here is another good site I said I would pass along.
Vegas Vacations
Thanks

October 12, 2005 at 9:24 PM  
Blogger Editor Choice said...

Excellent and original Blog. Well done.
Here an interesting site regarding: Best hotel prices, Hotels, Hotel reservation, cheap hotel rates, Discount hotel rates, Deals on hotels. Available for many destinations:
Chicago Hotels, New-York hotels, London hotels, Paris hotels, Rome hotels, Boston hotels and much more.

October 31, 2005 at 10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! toyota car racks Job title contains financial planning opportunity jobs roof racks oregon configurable slot machine Negative comparrisons between oxycontin and zavesca alternate uses for ambien Nomad internet service provider New amani aftershave Heater hot john water wood Subaru added security loyalty rebate discount halford roof racks http://www.cheap-interstate-phone-calls-australia.info/roof-rack-rails-explorer.html Order ionamin 30 mg Clark county washington school district Celebrities who use proactiv 12 cup coffee maker

February 7, 2007 at 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home